Almost all of us are familiar with the word disease. But it is not easy to define what the disease is or what the condition of the disease is. As per medical dictionary we can obtain the meaning of disease like under and so, let us have a clear idea about diseases:
1) Diseases are the abnormal condition of the part, organ, or system of an organism from various causes such as infection, inflammation, any genetic defect, or environmental factors, and characterised by an identifiable group of signs in terms or the both sign and symptoms.
2) Diseases are the condition or tendency, as a society, regarded as harmful and abnormal.
3) Obsolete lack of easiness or trouble.
4) Any impairment of normal physiological function affecting all of part of an organism, a specific pathological change caused by infection, stress, et c, producing characteristics symptoms, that is illness or sickness in general is called the disease.
5) A disorder or abnormal condition of an organ or other part of an organism resulting from the effect of genetic or developmental errors, infection, toxicity, nutritional deficiency, or unfavourable environmental factors causes the illness or sickness.
6) Any harmful conditions, as of society are also the diseases.
It is known to all that the physical and mental tolerances of every individual are not same. As per definition disease is difficult, disability is worse. But there are problems even with deciding where to look. Deciding the cut-off point between physical variation and disability is quite difficult. In fact there is no cut-off point at all. What is constitutes disease, degeneration; deflect a deficit here decided by reference to a bio-medical norm. So the availability of such biomedical norm is quite essential to detect the diseases and the personal experience of disability is not always predictable and it can be vary with medical person and the common people.
So the personal experience of disability is not always predictable, and it can be very different from the experience of disease. Disability especially one that is congenital or genetic and is stable rather than progressive, can also form an important part of person’s identity. To locate their primary identification with other people with Disability demonstrates importance to the art sense of identity.
Increasing dissatisfaction with their limitations of a purely medical perspective for comprehending the whole experience of disability has generated Silver dale alternative best on the social model and the fundamental criticism of the medical model is that it wrongly locates the problem in biological constraints, which consider it only from the point of view of the individual and it neglects the social and framework of the system that contribute to it. Although the diseases and disability are regularly lumped together, conflating them is often confusing.
There are different type of diseases suffered by different people with different signs and symptoms. Some are due to infection; some are due to injury, some are due to mental cause, etc. Some diseases are come from some unknown causes. Some are affecting only on a local organ, some toe the whole body and some toe the body and mind. Some of the diseases are very infectious. Some of the diseases are easily curable; some goes to the life-long and some are fatal. Some of the disease is very common and some other is rare one. In our following chapters we are going to demonstrate about some common and important diseases suffered by the people. As well as the medical students the common people will get some knowledge idea about different diseases and their signs and symptoms with some therapeutic hints of homeo-magnetic treatments. Hope that, they will be quite helpful and fulfill everyone’s need.